Friday, April 29, 2016

Gerda Steiner April Progressive Challenge

This month for the Gerda Steiner Designs challenge, Gerda created this darling little monkey for us to play with! Isn't he adorable?! I have plans to use him on a birthday card with some bananas and a "Go bananas on your birthday" sentiment, but for this card, I wanted a message for a friend who is struggling to regain the use of her left side after a stroke. She's been in physical therapy and speech therapy for several months now and tries to be cheerful and upbeat, but she's had a rough couple of weeks recently, so I thought I could use Gerda's cute little monkey with a "Hang in there" sentiment to encourage her.

I used a 5X7 inch white card base I embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. I used my Silhouette Design Studio software to size up the monkey and then digitally paper piece him and the leaves of the tree. I also wrote the sentiment, sized everything up and printed them out. I colored the tree branch with a Copic marker and die cut the image with a Gina Marie Designs Stitched Square die. I matted the image with some green glitter cardstock. I die cut the sentiment with a Gina Marie Designs Wonky Rectangle die and matted it on the same green glitter cardstock I used to mat the image. It's a simple design, but I pray the Lord will use this card to encourage my friend.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Gerda Steiner Designs April Challenge

http://gsd-stamps.com/blogs/news/114622916-hang-in-there

1 comment: