Thursday, April 21, 2016

FTHS "How've you bean?" Card

This week over at the FTHS blog, the sketch challenge is a fun one as usual! The twist is to use washi tape, and I decided to do both the sketch and the twist.
I made a top-fold 6X6 inch card using Richard Garay dp for my card base. Then I sized up my FTHS digi using my Silhouette Design Studio software and printed it out along with the cute sentiment that came with this adorable set. I can't take credit for the lovely coloring here, by the way. Faith Skrdla offered a choice of one of her colored digis awhile back for donating to her daughter's hockey team (who made it to Nationals this year! Woot woot!), and I chose this colorful image. I die cut the image with a Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Stitched Frame set. I then used a yellow Gelato to add some color to the frame. I die cut the sentiment with a Gina Marie Designs Drop Pennant die and added some yellow Gelato to that, as well. I used some fun washi tapes to add my strips behind the image and popped up the frame and sentiment with foam tape. It's a bit busy, but I think it turned out bright and cheery. 
 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
I {heart} sketches with a tWist

9 comments:

  1. Super cute Carrie! The colors are fantastic and I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card. Love the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cheerful, Carrie! Fun paper to go with this cute set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, this is so cute. I gotta remember that gelato trick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is as cute as can be - your coloring is fabulous and your papers and washi tape are perfect. Thanks for joining the challenge at From the Heart Stamps!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card and that paper is perfect!!

    Thank you for playing along with us at From The Heart Stamps!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card love the bright colours! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie, I love this card it is so adorable and the image is so mush fun and colored beautifully. Love all these beautiful colors.
    hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete